Contact

248.245.3131

  • White Instagram Icon

©2018 by Guardians of Detroit. Proudly created with Wix.com

Guardians of Detroit Prints and More

Prints, greeting cards, t-shirts, coffee cups, and a wide variety of other products are available for purchase at my Fine Art America and Pixels pages. To access these pages, click the links below. Some of the many images available are shown below.

Fine Art America - Prints, Greeting Cards, More

Pixels - T-Shirts, Coffee Cups, More

Faces of Detroit

247 faces from 102 different structures, all found within the Detroit city limits.

Livingstone Light

This is a detail image of the William Livingstone Memorial Light, showing the area just below the lantern room. Besides its beauty and elegance, this structure is noted for being the only Albert Kahn designed lighthouse, the only marble lighthouse in North America and the only Art Deco lighthouse in North America. It is a memorial to William "Sailor Bill" Livingstone, a giant of early 20th century Great Lakes shipping. It shines its light from the eastern tip of Detroit's Belle Isle.

Old Wayne County Building

The Old Wayne County Building in the heart of downtown Detroit is a unique Beaux Arts palace bedecked with the elaborate ornamentation and sculpture characteristic of that style. This is a photo collage featuring many of the building's sculptural elements. The Anthony Wayne pediment was the creation of Edward Q. Wagner and was considered by him to be some of his finest work. The two quadrigae and four allegories that grace the central tower appear at first glance to be made of bronze but are actually copper sheeting over iron frames, the same process used to create the Statue of Liberty. They represent the only Detroit work of J. Massey Rhind, one of the foremost sculptors of the early twentieth century.

Sainte Anne De Detroit

Established in 1701 by Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac, the founder of Detroit, Sainte Anne de Detroit is one of the oldest Catholic parishes in the country. It has continuous records dating back to 1703 when it was noted that a parish priest was killed by a bear. The grotesque in this image is from near one of the doors of the church. Designed by Leon Coquard and built in 1887, it is the parish's eighth church building.